Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 12: D2

For me I think that sign reasoning was hard to understand when I first encountered it from the previous post. As I read about it a little more, I understood the reasoning a bit more and it was pretty interesting concept.

Sign reasoning means that there are two or more things that are relatable with each other. It also means that one thing indicates something else as well because of their relationship. For example, she has a closet in her room, which means she has clothes in her room. It is sign reasoning because closet and clothes have a relationship with each other. The sign can also be status symbol, economic indicators, or other indices. It can also be an effect-to-cause reasoning. Sign reasoning is common in business, advertising, medicine, religion, law and tabloids.

There are many good examples in the website that I found. A lot the examples are explain pretty well and it gives a more relatable reference. I also learn that there are test of sign reasoning, which an also be found in the PowerPoint on the website.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/24456511/Sign-Reasoning-PPT

1 comment:

  1. Cyyntthia,

    I agree, sign reasoning was a little confusing at first to understand! I enjoyed reading your post because sign reasoning was the most difficult for me to understand as well. After doing more research, using sign reasoning in my post, and reading your post made me understand the concept much better! Your example was helpful as well. Clothes and closets are closely related to each other so we can tell if she has a closet in her room, she has clothes. A way I like to think about it is,“if there is A, then that must mean there is B.”

    ReplyDelete