Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 12: D1

Reasoning by Analogy: The reasoning is being compared.
People who do not exercise get fat. Therefore, people who do not want to get fat must exercise.

Sign Reasoning: It is reasoning with two or more things in which they are closely related that the presence or absence of one indicates the presence or absence of the other.
Where there’s restaurant, there’s food.

Causal Reasoning: It is a reasoning that establishes the presences of relationship with event The alarm clock rang but I did not get up. I slept in. When I finally woke up it was two in the afternoon. I did not go to class that day

Reasoning by Criteria: The outcome of the decisions is being judged, and then the best will be identified
I am very tired so I cannot concentrate on homework right now. I will do homework after I am done with my nap.

Reasoning by Example: The reasoning uses example.
The teacher gives hard exams and asks crazy questions. I had him before and I notice that I got better grades when I took notes from the book and studied them.

Inductive: The reasoning is constructed by observations.
The Biore pore strips can effectively pull out all my blackheads. I tried it for many years and it continues to work. I have faith that the next time I put it on it will work.

Deductive: The conclusion is true when the premises us true, making the argument valid.
All students need to read. She is a student. She needs to read.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Cynthia!
    Nice job on your blog! I really liked your simple definitions. They were very easy to read and they got to the point. Not to mention, they were accurate! Also, I really liked your examples! What I liked most about them is that they were interesting. Some even comedic; which is refreshing after reading some that are just plain boring! My favorite example is the one about inductive reasoning! “Inductive: The reasoning is constructed by observations.
    The Biore pore strips can effectively pull out all my blackheads. I tried it for many years and it continues to work. I have faith that the next time I put it on it will work.” I felt that it was both accurate and interesting to read. I’m pretty sure I haven’t read an example like that yet, so I have to give you props on that one!
    Well have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cynthia!

    Great post! Your definitions and examples was very clear and precise. I really enjoy reading your posts they always help me understand the materials better. For instance, I did not understand what causal reasoning was. I thought it was reasoning casually. I don't know they seem to have the same spelling. Anyways, your explanation help me understand it much better. Also your examples were very enjoyable to read. My favorite example was the restaurant one. I actually never thought about it. But you're right when there's a restaurant I automatically think about food. Keep up the great work! Awesome post!

    [ellacomm]

    ReplyDelete