Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 4: D3

For this week I pick Organizational Relationships from The Essential Guide to Group Communication book. Communication with people within a group is very important in order for the group to achieve. One of the relationships is between the superiors and subordinates. This one speaks out to me a lot because I see this every day in where I work. For example, today I had to talk to my boss for about half an hour to discuss with him what is going on with what I am doing and how I am interacting with my fellow co-workers. The relationships between team leaders and team members are also a crucial relationship in a group. I also agree with Theory Z, which means that manager and the members of the group to participate in decision-makings. I like this theory because it does get everyone involved in what they are going to do and what they need to strive in. A manager needs to make sure the group is doing well together and that everyone is contributing to the team. I like how the book says that the manager or leader is like a coach that helps the team. I can see that because an effective manager will always be encouraging and providing a good example for the rest of the team to follow. An organizational department relationship is also important because it can help the company strive and work effectively towards the company goal. When two departments work together it brings out better results because they have a good understanding of what they need to do and what the others are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment